Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Inspired By All The Little Things #52

I'm going to try to have a really quick post for today that is for the challenge at Inspired By All The Little Things. This image made me think of one of my favorite prints ever, that I only have bits of sheets left.  I bought it at a local Scrapbook Store that was closing their business and I bought what they had left, but that was a few years ago. So I have about a 6 x 6 piece of the patterned cardstock left that I can hopefully squeeze another card or two out of.

I combined the patterned paper with a card base made from Smokey Shadow Cardstock and a panel of  Sweet Blush Cardstock. The Watercolor Magnolias are some left from a previous project using Altenew's Magnolias For Her Stamp Set.  They were stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with Antique Gold Embossing Powder. I wanted to use those blooms so I chose my cardstock based on what would look good with those soft blush colored blooms. I was really wanting to try out my new Select a Size Edge Dies from Concord & 9th so I needed a few colors to show them off to an advantage.  I love these papers together.  I always try to have a few of my favorite sentiments stamped and ready to go that can be put on just about any card.  It saves time later if I do extras when I already have the stamps out and can do a few at a time, especially since I tend to like them on skinny strips or little banners.


I almost always heat emboss my greetings, so it just saves me having to stop down the road.  My creative process is pretty chaotic so if I have a sentiment ready to go, it is all good.

I'm really anxious to try these edge dies out for banners.  They were designed to work both ways. In the meantime, I hope you'll stop by Inspired By All The Little Things and see what your imagination can dream up for this challenge and to see all the projects there.  Have a great day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!