Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Fusion Challenge - Navy Patterns

Welcome to a new post for The Fusion Card Challenge. I was inspired by the bold pattern of the Navy & White Pillow on the sofa and also partly by the sketch. If you rotate the sketch 180 degrees, then I'm pretty close.

Navy and Gold always works nicely for a masculine card and I love this patterned paper with the gold foiling. Because I only use a quarter sheet of patterned paper at a time, this pad of paper has already lasted me a long time and I still have lots left.  This particular one came from the 8.5 x 11 Be Bold - Be Bright Collection from The Paper Studio which is Hobby Lobby's in house brand.  All of these papers have gold foil on them and come in a variety of patterns and colors.

To capture the feel of the sketch, I wanted to use some of the things I see in it as well including a horizontal banner, and a vertical design element.  I have two postage frame dies and even though they are two different brands, the smaller Papertrey die (from the Make-It Market Post & Parcel Kit) and the larger Avery Elle die work awesome together. I wanted that gold edge along the outside of my postage stamp so I just tried it and I was pretty excited when they worked together.

The large "Wish Big" sentiment is from Papertrey's Big Basics Die Collection. There are several sentiments each sold individually so you can pick and choose which ones you like and will use. With masculine cards, I like to keep the focal image front and center but I felt the Happy Birthday banner added a nice touch to the Stamper's Select White card base, pulling the whites together.  


This is a super simple card for this challenge and the only thing stamped was the banner that I had done with several others previously.  Everything else is a die cut. I am really happy with this design and plan to use it in the future.  Have a great day and be sure to check out all the entries and Design Team Inspiration at The Fusion Card Challenge Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, I'm in awe! stunning in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So classy and elegant! All that gorgeous gold on the navy is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gold with the navy blue! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!