Friday, August 4, 2017

Neutrals With Texture

Double D Challenges has a new theme up this week for the bi-weekly challenge. This time around the theme is Tan/Neutrals such as Cream, Kraft, Off White, Tan and Beige with Texture.  I don't always have time to participate at Double D but I liked the "Textural " challenge because I forget, (often) to add texture to my cards for a bit more visual interest.

Sadly, it has been a week where I needed to send some "paper hugs" to a couple of friends and I used this challenge to create the second card this morning.  

For my card, I started with a Card Base made from Papertrey Ink Classic Kraft Cardstock.  Next I die cut a panel of Papertrey Ink Rustic White Cardstock and used an Anna Griffin "Foundry" Embossing Folder to add texture to the background. Rustic White Cardstock is an "Eggshell" colored cardstock with some specks of tan color in it. I misted this all over with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels. Once it dries, it is easy to adhere it to the card base.


While I was waiting for the Rustic White panel to dry, I die cut all of the flowers from Spellbinders Urban Blooms Dies using Vintage Cream Cardstock from Papertrey Ink. I also cut two of the vines from Spellbinders Romantic Vines Dies.  Using a Mini Round Ink Blending Tool, I just touched the tips of the petals and leaves with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink, then misted them with Glimmer Mist and set them aside to dry for a few minutes while I fished out a cream colored button for the flower center.

I cut a label from the Stampin' Up Labels Collection.  I've had this set of dies for several years and I don't know if it's still available.  I stamped the sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Friendship Blooms Stamp Set and heat embossed it with Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold Embossing Powder.  I did a bit of distressing on the outside edges with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Inks and gave it a mist of Glimmer Mist as well. I would have to say that Shimmer/Glimmer Mist is my very favorite accessory.  Because this is a card for a somewhat somber event, I wanted to keep the look soft and understated. The Sparkle Shimmer Mist that I use often is much more attention grabbing. I assembled the flower with glue dots and put the button in the center then fluffed up the petals a bit.  I mounted the label using Thin 3D Foam Squares and everything else using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.  Because the button is fairly thick, I am planning to mail this card in a padded mailer with a bit of extra postage.

Thank you so much for stopping in to see my project today.  There will be lots more projects at the Double D Challenge so be sure to stop and take a look.

3 comments:

  1. Wow stunning Vicki. A beautiful creation. Lovely design and gorgeous colours used ...hope to see you next challenge.. Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that gorgeous layered flower. It has so much depth and dimension. What a lovely creation, one sure to bring comfort to the recipient! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Blog, Neutrals And Texture Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supberb card - just love it.
    Kind regards from Northern Ireland.

    Joyce aka quilldrill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!