Thursday, August 3, 2017

The Color Throwdown #454

I have a clean and simple card for The Color Throwdown Challenge #454 this week. One of my closer friends in Texas has been in the hospital this week with some awful bacterial infection that is leaving her totally dehydrated among other things so I wanted to get a card put together to mail her this morning. Jenica is partly responsible for my card making by introducing me to stamping many years ago. I always loved the instant gratification of card making but I was not very good at stamping. I'm a lot better at stamping now although I didn't do too much stamping today.  The challenge colors for this week are Green, Kraft and White.

There's nothing in the least bit complicated in this card. The background is a Kraft/White patterned paper, the green flourish is from a scrap and the sentiment was stamped in Versamark on a scrap of white cardstock. I heat set that with Antique Gold Embossing Powder and then die cut it with a label die.


Occasionally, I like to do more involved card making, but when I need something fast and easy, I try to let the patterned papers do most of the work for me.  I used Papertrey Ink Classic Kraft Cardstock for my card base.  I die cut the patterned paper using My Favorite Things Blueprints #15 Stitched Rectangle Die. I got this die because of it's specific measurements being 4 1/8th by 5 3/8ths inches which leaves a narrow mat around the outside of the stitched rectangle, showing the color of your card base.  I have one just under this size and one just over this size from two other sets. The flourish is an old Boss Kuts die and in fact, I had taken the foam off of the die. With Boss Kuts, this doesn't work because it is sticky under that foam so I grabbed a scrap of 2 mm White Fun Foam and ran it through my little Sidekick die cutting machine, effectively re-foaming it. Thankfully, this worked. With my old QuickKutz dies, they don't work very well unless you take the foam off of them but I hadn't realized the Boss Kuts would be different.  It's a good thing I had some fun foam on hand.

Have a great day everyone and I hope you see that a simple card can still make an impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!