Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Papertrey Ink October 2017 Blog Hop

Hello everyone! It's the 25th of the month so that means it's time for the Papertrey Ink Monthly Blog Hop.  As soon as I saw the inspiration image from Nichole, it reminded me of many botanical and gift wrap prints that I admire from Rifle Paper Company and their ability to put color combinations together that are just not what I would routinely think of.  I found a Recollections Paper Pad called "Midnight Garden" that has some similar style prints in it. I really enjoy finding new images to add to my Pinterest page where I have lots of their stuff pinned already.

One of the colors I used to create this card was a little gift from a friend, Cindy. Cindy sent me several 1/4 sheets in many colors I did not yet have in Papertrey Cardstock and this particular card uses one of those although it will not be very obvious because I placed a vellum layer over it.  The very front cardstock panel on this card is Stamper's Select Vellum over Honey Nut Cardstock.

I mistakenly had this cardstock labeled as Saffron Spice.  I didn't realize my mistake until I did a bit of bartering with Cindy to get a couple of sheets of "Saffron Spice".  Until the additional sheets came in the mail, I hadn't realized I had the labels switched.  It's not a big deal, I'll just add a small package of Honey Nut to my next order so that I have that perfect color.  One of the nice things about the Rifle Paper Company Prints (and this pack of  patterned papers that are similar in style) is that I have other colors of cardstock that also match.  Don't get me wrong, I realize that the two styles are very different but there's no telling what particular thing will make you think of another so I've learned to go with the flow to see where that exploration will take me. You can see many more of these prints, calendars, and gift wrapping papers by doing a search on Pinterest like the one I did here.

For my card, I stamped the saying from Quoted: Start Again in Versamark and heat embossed the sentiment in Antique Gold Embossing Powder on to Stamper's Select Vellum Cardstock then die cut it with a Double Stitched Rectangles Die from MFT.  I cut another rectangle the same size from Honey Nut Cardstock and applied the embossed vellum to the rectangle cut from Honey Nut Cardstock. I love how it is the right color but softened up from the vellum overlay.  Next I die cut a larger panel from the same Double Stitched Rectangles Die Set out of Sweet Blush Cardstock which is a perfect match to the colors of the patterned paper.  I die cut the patterned paper with WPLUS9's Gift Card Layers Die and affixed all the layers to a top folding card base made from Stamper's Select White Cardstock


For a little touch of color on the vellum I used a Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker in Light Pink with a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen to color in the ribbon and help tie all the pink elements together. I really love how this card turned out and I have in mind a particular friend I want to send it to.  

Thank you so much for stopping by today to see my project.  I have so many projects in my head that I want to create but the trouble is finding enough hours in the day to do that. Hopefully, I won't have any distractions for the rest of the week and can get to a few more of those ideas.  Be sure to head over to Nichole Heady's Blog and see what everyone has created for this challenge. I promise, you'll leave inspired.  

20 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Vicki, the gold embossing is perfect for such a wonderful sentiment and the background is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to seeing your creations Vicki. This one is beautiful. I love all the richness of the gold. Well done you! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Vicki! Love the gold embossing and the background design paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely card Vicki! Your paper is SO pretty and love the gold embossed sentiment...a perfect card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Vicki. That gold embossing is so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki, you're an expert with the gold embossing! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Like your paper voice and your embossing is lovely, hope you find time to create more inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Vicki, the gold embossing is perfection with the patterned paper you’ve used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki, What a gorgeous card! I love your gold embossing. I have this stamp and will have to CASE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That patterned paper is amazing! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!
    That embossing is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vicki, this is beautiful PP and the gold embossed sentiment is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is gorgeous! I love how you added some stronger pink on the vellum overlay. Glad you sorted out the Honey Nut vs. Saffron Spice :) colors - I think I see a bit of both in the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning, Vicki! I love the colors together, the gold embossed verse and the pink Zig coloring. What did you use to adhere the the vellum layer? I’m truly inspired visiting your blog...always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! I use Kokuyo Dotliner behind the words so it doesn't really show. I had to lift it up and put it back down when I noticed that one little piece sticking up. I didn't have it down very smoothly. This card already got mailed.

      Delete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!